Wednesday, April 9, 2014

5 Months!

Dean is now 5 1/2 months old. I just haven't gotten around to posting in a while. Here are some highlights of Dean's 5th month.

Right after I posted about him grabbing his hanging toys, he started grabbing things in front of him during tummy time. This picture was the first time he did it. Now he does it all the time. He sure loves to chew on things!


And here are a few more pictures of him grabbing things during tummy time. Oh, so cute!




Don't even tell me you didn't die of cuteness after that last one. Speaking of tummy time, he is getting much better. I set a timer and he has to make it 5 minutes. He can now go 7 or 8 minutes a lot of the time. His record is 30 minutes. That was a miracle. A few more tummy time pics just for good measure. I can't stop myself. I have a problem.






Learning to grab things isn't all sunshine and rainbows and slobber. Sometimes it can be hard.


I found him like this when he woke up from a nap. Apparently he could grab it and move it onto his face, but was having a little trouble getting it off. But I helped him out and he gave me this look:


One day I had to shower while Dean was awake (usually I do that during naps), so I put him on his back on his play mat since he usually does pretty good with that. When I got out of the shower, I heard happy babbling. When I came out into the living room, I saw this:



Poor kid had managed to turn 90 degrees and kicked the thing over on top of himself in the process. At least he wasn't upset about it.

Learning to grab has some tough moments for mom as well. Remember the death grip on my hair? Well, I put my hair in a ponytail one day SPECIFICALLY so that Dean wouldn't pull it (okay, okay, and because I didn't want to shower). He was too smart for me. I'm making this face because as I was trying to take a cute picture of us, he grabbed a fistful of hair under my hair tie and pulled like the dickens. It messed up my ponytail, and now I can't even employ that strategy anymore. Seriously, kid. Good thing you're so cute.




Dean also got to play with some friends this month. We went to a reunion dinner for married couples that had been in our singles ward. Everyone there had a baby under a year, I swear. This is Dean with Maggie McClellan. Her dad was Trevor's roommate while we were dating, and I rented the room I was living in from her mom, Cami (she didn't live there, but she was my landlord). We just love the McClellans!



Dean had another rough patch this month. He went from sleeping 8 or 8 1/2 hour stretches every night to waking up every 2 1/2 hours. And he would only nap for 20 minutes. That lasted about 2 weeks. I was really tired. One time it took me three tries to remember that "upon" starts with a U. He had a few days in there where he wouldn't nap unless I was holding him, so here we are. At least I got some good snuggles even if nothing else was accomplished. How we managed to eat, I'm not sure. (He has slept better again the past week, thankfully)


It really is hard to be annoyed at him when 1) I know he can't help it and 2) He gives me these faces:




In my last post, I mentioned that Dean has started eating some solids. I should probably say Dean has started trying and spitting out solids. But a few times we've let him just suck on what we're eating and he has gone to town! Here he is sampling a potato wedge:


Trevor snapped a couple cute bedtime pics of me and Dean. He was pretty excited for that bottle!




And here are pictures with the blanket and elephant.




I can sit so good!



Hey there's an elephant here.

The elephant has a tag on it.

I want to eat that tag.

Oops!


Also, on the day I hit 5 months, Papa came to visit. Here he is helping me during tummy time (the ONLY picture I took of them together. Lame.)

1 comment: