Saturday, November 16, 2013

Three Weeks!

Today Dean is three weeks old! It's gone by pretty fast. Mom was here for his delivery. Dad flew down on Halloween, so almost a week after he was born. They flew back to Utah together on November 7. Here's a four generation picture we took while Dad was here (unfortunately Grammy couldn't hold Dean because she had shingles) :


We also took a family photo:


It was SO nice to have extra hands. Since my parents have been gone, I've managed around the house just fine. Dean sleeps well enough that I'm not a total zombie (granted, I often don't get out of bed until after 10...) and I've been able to do okay with giving him plenty of attention and still getting laundry and dishes done. So yes, I am managing around the house just fine. But I don't leave the house. I tried on Monday. I made a grocery list. But then Dean was sleeping and I didn't want to wake him up, but then when he was awake he wanted held or to eat. The end of the day rolls around and I still hadn't gone to the store, so when Trevor got home, he watched Dean while I went grocery shopping. I'm glad we can tag-team.

Dean loves to sleep in the Boppy. Or at least I love him to sleep in the Boppy because he'll sleep for long stretches. And he just looks so cute all curled up.

He is starting to get fussier. Bummer. There have been more times of "I can't figure out why he's crying" lately. We go through the list. I just fed him. He's not hungry. I just changed his diaper. He's not poopy. Because he just pooped. So it's probably not that he's trying to poop. Is he tired? Just wants to be held a different way? I. Don't. Know.
*I should probably mention right about now that this is NOT a plea for advice of any kind. Just telling you how we're doing.

Even with his slight fussiness (he really isn't bad), he is still the world's sweetest and cutest baby. Ok, ok, tied with Jonah. I love when he falls asleep on my chest when I'm trying to burp him after nursing. I love when he puckers his little lips. I love when he grabs my finger.

He likes his bouncy seat and swing for about 20 minute stretches, but that's long enough for me to make myself some food or whatever. Today I actually put on makeup while he was in his bouncy seat. He also is having more and more scream-free diaper changes, so that's a plus. We're waiting for him to warm up to bath time.



I'll add the pictures later...baby's crying. Thus is life.

1 comment: